The first Monday of each new month is bulk waste collection week for the city of Fort Worth. This starts on February 5th and will continue through February 9th.
Fort Worth provides monthly curbside collection at residential homes of items that are too large, heavy or bulky to fit in the brown garbage cart for normal garbage pickup.
The following items should not be set out as part of bulky item collection:
- No trash, garbage, rubbish, waste or any material of any kind in plastic bags
- No leaves, grass or other yard trimmings in plastic bags. These items should be set out in paper yard bags for weekly yard trimmings and brush collection.
- No automobile parts, batteries or tires (residents can dispose of four tires every six months at city drop-off stations)
- No contractor remodeling and demolition debris such as shingles, wallboard and lumber
- No electronic equipment such as computers (use the city drop-off stations)
- No household appliances that contain coolant, gasoline or other chemicals, including air conditioners, refrigerators and lawnmowers (accepted at city drop-off stations)
- No dirt, rocks, concrete or ceramic tile
- No liquids, poisons or explosives
- No glass
How much can be set out?
Bulky item pick-up is limited to 10 cubic yards (about eight feet long, six feet wide and six feet tall) at no extra charge to each household that receives curbside garbage and recycling collection. There is an extra charge for piles exceeding 10 cubic yards.
When to put items at the curb?
Place bulky items on the curb by 7 a.m. Monday of a resident’s assigned week. Items may be placed on the curb as early as 6 p.m. the Friday before the assigned week. Crews have until the following Saturday at 5 p.m. to pick up bulky items.
After crews have collected items on a street, do not place more bulky items on the curb until the next month on the designated week.
View a map of designed bulk collection weeks: http://fortworthtexas.gov/codecompliance/pdf/bulk-collection.pdf
Get collection reminders and look up how to dispose of waste on your smartphone with the new City of Fort Worth Garbage & Recycling app:http://fortworthtexas.gov/solidwaste/app/
Bulk Waste Collection Website:
The monthly Board of Director's meeting will take place at First Service Residential on February 8th at 7pm. All residents are encouraged to attend. This is a great opportunity for the board to address any questions, concerns or input you may have about your community. The address is 9800 Hillwood Parkway, Suite 210 Ft. Worth, TX 76177.
Cinnamon Creek Ranch will have their Couples by the Creek event on February 10th at 6:30 PM. Check out this fun and unique way to celebrate Valentines day. Cinnamon Creek Ranch is offering this amazing deal to residents of Crawford Farms for a discounted rate of only $85 per couple! You won't want to miss out on this this exclusive deal for Crawford Farms residents! Make sure to say you're with Crawford Farms when you register.
On February 15th Melissa Rodriguez will bring you Recess by the Park. This usually occurrs monthly and is at 11AM to 12 PM. Bring your little love bug to make a button heart craft, have a snack, and read "There was an Old Lady who Swallowed Some Roses"!